The Certification Committee of the Texas Municipal Clerks Association, Inc., TMCA, Inc., offers partial payment to defray travel costs of seminar attendance for individuals enrolled in the Texas Municipal Clerks Certification/Recertification Program. The amount of the award paid to any individual applicant will not exceed $300 per fiscal year. The Certification Committee screens applications and approves or denies requests.
- Applicant must be currently employed by a municipality in Texas.
- Applicant must be a paid member of the Texas Municipal Clerks Association, Inc.
- Applicant must be actively pursuing certification or recertification in the Texas Municipal Clerks Certification Program, and the seminar for which application is made must be necessary to complete certification or recertification requirements.
- Applicant pursuing first time certification must have completed one course of homework and successfully passed one exam.
- Applicant must submit the prescribed application and a letter of commitment stating how his/her educational and professional goals will be enhanced by completion of the Texas Municipal Clerks Certification/Recertification Program.
- Travel stipend shall be paid to the recipient or municipality on a reimbursement basis following full attendance of the seminar for which the travel stipend was awarded. When requesting reimbursement, recipient must submit expenses with documentation (receipts and statements) to the Administrative Director.
- The application and letter must be received at least 10 business days prior to seminar date. Send to: Texas Municipal Clerks Certification Program, 1155 Union Circle #305067, Denton, Texas 76203; or via electronic transmission.
- Travel stipend applications for the next calendar year shall not be considered and/or awarded until after December 1 of the present year.
Recipient must fully attend the seminar for which the travel stipend was awarded in its entirety in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
Forfeiture of Travel Stipend
Applicant must reimburse TMCA, Inc., with the amount of an awarded travel stipend if he/she should not continue to actively pursue the course of study with TMCCP.
- Travel stipend must be used for the seminar awarded.
- Applicants are eligible for one travel stipend each calendar year.
- Applicant shall not receive a travel stipend and a TMCCP registration fee scholarship for the same TMCCP seminar.
Go to the Seminar Travel Stipend Application.