Enrollees of the Texas Municipal Clerks Certification Program are required to pass four exams. The exams cover the material in the four courses enrollees complete as part of their home study.
TMCCP enrollees are eligible to take a course exam once they have successfully completed the course homework and it has been graded.
Upcoming 2021 TMCCP Exam Dates (reservations limited; check our store for availability. Contact our office with questions):
Friday, Aug. 13: 10:00 a.m. CT, 1:00 p.m. CT
Friday, Sept. 17, 10:00 a.m. CT, 1:00 p.m. CT (available for purchase this fall)
Tuesday, Oct. 12, 10:00 a.m. CT, 1:00 p.m. CT (available for purchase this fall)
Tuesday, Nov. 9, 10:00 a.m. CT, 1:00 p.m. CT (available for purchase this fall)
Friday, Dec. 10, 10:00 a.m. CT, 1:00 p.m. CT (available for purchase this fall)
(future exam dates to be announced)
Learn More About TMCCP Exams
Who can take an examination? / How do I qualify to take an exam?
To qualify to take an exam, all of the enrollee's homework in that course must have been successfully graded (submit homework at least two weeks in advance of the exam date).
What does the exam cover?
The exam covers the questions in the enrollee's course homework.
When can the exam be taken?
When an enrollee chooses an exam date is up to the enrollee: because an enrollee's work in the Certification Program is self-paced, enrollees are ready to take their course exams at different times of the year. As of late 2020, proctored exams are now offered monthly via Zoom meetings with TMCA staff. (Reservations on each date are limited, and advance booking/payment of the exam fee is required; see our store for current availability.)
Students should reserve a testing spot not less than two weeks prior to an exam date.
How do I take the exam?
As of late 2020, proctored exams are now offered monthly via Zoom meetings with TMCA staff; reservations on each date are limited, and advance booking/payment of the exam fee is required. Office Support Associate Kathleen Spriggs sends announcements to all TMCCP enrollees about upcoming examination opportunities. Once an exam fee is purchased, Office Support Associate Kathleen Spriggs will be in touch with the examinee regarding protocol for the proctored exam.
What are the technology requirements for online proctored exams?
- High-speed internet service
- Ability to utilize and navigate the Zoom videoconferencing application
- Two devices with which to particpate in the proctored exam: one device will be used to access the exam, the other device will be used to provide live video of the examinee's surroundings to proctors. A cell phone or tablet that is able to capture video can be used as the examinee's second device. One of these devices must have a live microphone to enable proctors to hear the examinee's workspace during the exam.
For the duration of the exam the examinee
- Is required to have their video and microphone on;
- Is required to be seen on camera; and
- Is required to have their computer and workspace visible to proctors.